In order to address this dire situation, governments, organizations of people with disabilities, supported employment providers, researchers, advocates, employers networks and other stakeholders seek to decrease unemployment and increase labor force participation of people with disabilities. While the different stakeholders share the same challenges there is often lack of collaboration among them, in the local and national level, and certainly in the international level. Hence, we decided to establish the international digital network on inclusive employment of people with disabilities.
The main goals of this digital network are to:
- Enhance strategic networking, engagement and dialogue among the different stakeholders around the world
- Disseminate cutting edge knowledge, good practices and innovations through diverse formats
- Actively involve people with disabilities in the promoting this issue in all levels
The Activities of our digital network include:
- An electronic mailing list that facilitates discussion of issues and dissemination of information in relation to the promotion of labor force participation of people with disabilities
- A monthly webinar that will presents examples of Good Practices and innovative strategies and programs in the employment context
- Presentations of new research findings and evidences and of policy papers and information material
We are calling for participation from grassroots and national DPOs, NGOs, vocational rehabilitation and supported employment providers, employers networks, advocators, researchers, and other stakeholders from around the world to join us in advancing these objectives.